Wednesday, January 12, 2011

" . . . Cheerios, A Tube Of Colgate, And Oh Yeah, A Couple .38 Clips."

I'm not sure that this is relevant, but I think it's worth remembering that the Constitution was written over 2 centuries ago--with a feather dipped in octopus splooge.

At the time, guns were heavy, cumbersome devices that fired a single wobbly shot. They required the length of a Top-40 rap song to reload and an expert marksman to hit anything smaller than a Cadillac Escalade 20 yards away. They were extremely expensive and in short supply, which is why few citizens owned them.
I seriously doubt that the authors of the Second Amendment envisioned concealable, automatic pistols available at the corner store for a day's wages.

By the way, I'm a gun owner. I support stricter gun laws and would consider joining the Girl Scouts before the NRA.

No comments: