Sunday, August 22, 2010

"I Pledge Allegiance . . . . . . With Liberty For Some And Guns For All"

You've just got to sit back and laugh. Our patriotic assclowns have gone from cherry-picking the Bible to cherry-picking the Constitution.
They can read hundreds of pages of Scripture with nothing registering but "homosexuality is a no-no."
Similarly, they can read the entire Constitution and retain only that we have "the right to bear arms." Freedom of speech? Freedom of religion? The Fourteenth Amendment? These can be swept under the rug when convenient. The Second Amendment alone is chiseled in stone for our God-and-Country reactionaries.
These sheep would sacrifice every principle that this country was founded on if the NRA said it was okay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good point, I just totally laughed outloud. I've been reading so much scripture since Rob's accident and I haven't cone across Adam and steve yet. I've heard about it in Church though. For example, the Sunday after Rob's accident I'd been blind enough to think that the service would be dedicated to prayer for Rob and no, it wasn't. It was all about Adam and Steve.... literally. And consequently there was a death in a Church family earlier that week as well. I think Adam and Steve could've waited a week to be preached about and they couldve paid respect to the young boy who passed and prayed for Rob's recovery and his family, but then again they'd only been members there for 33years. Meanwhile, I joined the COGIC Church down the other end of the street that their church is on and they don't know me at all, had never so much as seen me before and the entire congregation has been praying for Rob since the day I walked in. Now THAT is what I'm talking about. Last week the message was this.... "It's not a cultural thing, it's not a Baptist thing, it's a God thing" Pastor Brooks. Thank you!