Wednesday, May 7, 2008

No Airline Bargains?

I just looked up the price for a flight from Juneau to Anchorage, and was happy to see my computer light up with $250.00 in huge, boldface print. Yes! This is fairly reasonable. Of course, if you want to actually get on a plane and fly to Anchorage, that's gonna cost you $330.00 (small print). You see, there is an additional fee for purchasing the ticket.
So, let's break this down:
Flying to Anchorage with a purchased ticket . . . . . $330.00
Staying in Juneau with an un-purchased ticket . . . $250.00
Difference in price . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . .$80.00
All right! By keeping the price of not leaving Juneau so low, Alaska Airlines is allowing me to fly to Anchorage for a mere $80.00. Talk about a bargain! Given the cost of living in Juneau, if I don't fly to Anchorage on Alaska Airlines I'm losing money.

No comments: