Saturday, December 25, 2010

All Is Calm, All Is Bright

A good Christmas. Second one in a row without ever once hearing any version of "The Little Drummer Boy" or Aaron Neville singing "Silent Night." Yes!

I did enjoy a nice version of the "Nutcracker." When it comes to this subject I must admit being a bit (shudder) conservative. Don't make me turn in my Progressive card, but I definitely favor classical ballet over modern dance. Sorry. I just find graceful leaps and spins accompanied by catchy tunes more appealing than quirky, mime-like posturing set to overly-intellectualized music that often sounds to me like an orchestra being kicked down a flight of stairs.

. . . and to all a good night.

1 comment:

Sarah Ritter said...

I heard that particular rendition of Silent Night just a few days ago, and it was torture. Just absolutely horrible.