Thursday, September 2, 2010

Working Man Blues

I'm back at work, and again I am pained by all the blue-collar Republicans. So many young workers who know nothing of the labor movement in this country. They don't know that their good wages, hours, and benefits were all won by unions--unions that, for the most part, were supported by progressive Democrats and resisted by the conservative Republicans they keep voting into office.
As always, I try to educate my co-workers. It's not easy--especially with right-wing mass-media hucksters turning their heads. But, as always, I meet with some success. I'm done with marching and fighting in the street, but in my quiet, plodding way I have the satisfaction that I'm still fighting the good fight. What else can I do?

1 comment:

Jim said...

You're fighting the good fight, Joe!