Saturday, September 5, 2009

Hey Limbaugh, Can You Spare A Few Oxy's? I'll Go Easy On You For A While--Anything To Stop This PAIN!

I am in a foul mood. My back has been injured, keeping me in near constant PAIN, but the health insurance provided by my current carpentry gig doesn't kick in for another 2 weeks. So, I will be able to see a doctor--eventually. But for right now, PAIN.

This brings up an interesting feature of our medical system.
While I was unemployed all summer with zero money coming in and my meager savings dwindling, I was expected to pay out-of-pocket for my medical care. Now that I'm employed, with money coming in, my medical care will be paid for. This is the usual situation in our Alice-In-Wonderland health-care system--the only people getting free medical care are the people who can afford medical care. The poor and unemployed are screwed. Nice!

I'm facing a rough 2 weeks, but I ease the PAIN by imagining that I'm projecting it on to the fat-cat Republicans and ignorant yay-hoos who are fighting Obama's universal health-care plan.
Are Americans really that selfish? Do we really believe that only the prosperous are entitled to be free of PAIN? Shit! Here come the spasms--take that O'Reilly, here's one for you Palin, you like that Hannity, how does that feel Dodson . . .

2 comments:

woodie said...

My back goes out...er, my heart goes out to you having felt that pain myself. But, I hate to remind you that when you enroll in a new health plan, you may have to undergo scrutiny to determine whether or no you've got any pre-existing conditions. I,...uh.. hope no one asks you to "bend over".

Jim said...

bummer man - hope it gets better soon for you.