Monday, July 26, 2010

Just Give Me A Hard Chair At The Art House With "Casablanca" And A Pepsi

I believe that yesterday was a landmark for me--the last time I'll see a big-time Hollywood movie at a big-time theater.Italic
After my initial shock at the ticket booth, and having my offer to put a down payment on a box of popcorn denied, I was immediately subjected to a big-screen commercial for Coca-Cola--a company whose products I will now boycott forever. I'm supposed to pay for the privilege of watching a multi-national corporation's fucking advertisements?
Next came 2-and-a-half hours of explosions and computer-generated mayhem that added nothing to what might have been a fairly interesting 1-and-a-half-hour movie.
I'd had it.

4 comments:

Erin Anais Hanson said...

What movie was it?

Anonymous said...

Does Joe Page know about the Coke boycott??

Joe Karson said...

Yes, I hated to put Joe's job in jeopardy but one must stick to his principles. Losing that one Coke a year will surely bring the Coca-Cola empire to its knees--sell your stock.

Erin: Go see "Inception" (don't drink beer beforehand. 2and1/2 hours is a long time and I wouldn't want you to miss a single explosion.)--we'll compare notes

Erin Anais Hanson said...

Shit. That's what I thought you were talking about. I have plans to see it tonight...after beers.